How to Bake Cauliflower Bread
I can toast it in the toaster of with a little butte in a frying pan and eat is as bread, or top it with low far cottage cheese and berries as dessert.
6 tbsp oil (I use olive oil but you can use softened butter)
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour or 2 tbsp gluten free flour
1 tbsp baking powder
Salt to taste
Prepare & bake
- 1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees
- 2. Line a meatloaf pan with parchment paper.
- 3. Cook the riced cauliflower in the microwave (fresh or frozen) for 4 minutes. Let it cool and wring out the liquid by using cheesecloth.
- 4. Mix the dry cauliflower, flour, oil, egg yolks, salt, and baking powder with a spatula.
- 5. Beat the egg whites until it's stiff
- 6. Gently fold the egg whites into the dough.
- 7. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
Makes about 15-16 slices, and only have about about 2g carbs per slice.
Enjoy! If you have similar recipes, share in comments.