How to bake low carb apple pastry
The apple baskets I made have no sugar, yet it's sweet and delicious.
3 cups almond flour
1 cup gluten free flour
1 1/2 stick butter (softened)
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 tsp sour cream to make a firm but pliable dough.
5 medium apple (pealed and chopped)
A handful of raisins (or chopped sweet berries if you're diabetic)
2 tsp butter
2-3 tsp water
Prepare & bake
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Mix the ingredients.
- 3. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin to about 1/4" thick.
- 4. Cut round shapes with a 2" cookie cutter.
- 5. Slide the dough into the muffin pan cups with a spatula to form small baskets.
- 6. Bake on 350 degree until the color turns golden.
- 7. Let it cool in the pan, the pastry will be crumbly until you add the filling.
Cook the filling:
Chop the apples, add the raisins, butter and water, and cook on the stove top until the apples are soft.
Let it cool and add a spoonful to each pastry.
If you have similar recipes, share in comments