Cauliflower salad versus potato salad
1 cup cauliflower:
Carbs: 5 grams
1 medium potato:
Carbs: 37 grams
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
I love paprika and it's high in vitamin C, so I always add 1/2 teaspoon
I also like sweet surprises, so I finely chop about 1/4 cup pineapple and add it to the salad
Prepare and enjoy
- Clean the cauliflower and break florets and stem into bite-size pieces.
- Cook the cauliflower pieces for 8–10 minutes until soft but not mushy.
- Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water for 1–2 minutes to stop the cooking process and drain well. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, chopped egg, red onion, and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, salt, paprika, pineapple, and black pepper.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over the cooled and drained cauliflower and mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 hours before serving